Our network

1 child, 2 adults injured after propane tank fire in Olney | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

1 child, 2 adults injured after propane tank fire in Olney
News


OLNEY, Md. (WUSA9) -- Three people, including one child, were injured after a propane tank caught on fire at a townhouse in Olney.

According to Montgomery County fire spokesperson Pete Piringer, a propane tank being used to heat a grill vented on fire at a townhouse on Bantry Way.

Three people were transported the hospital with minor burns. None of their injures are life threatening, according to Piringer.

The fire also caused damage to a nearby shed and fence.

A resident told WUSA9 that they were using charcoal in the gas grill, which caused the release valve to blow.

MORE MONTGOMERY COUNTY NEWS:

Car hits Sandy Spring post office guard rail

Townhouse fire displaces family in Gaithersburg

Fire destroys house on Olney Laytonsville Road


News